School Organisation and General Information
Students are accommodated in six learning units: Little Burra, Murrumbidgee, Brindabella, Yerrabi, Tidbinbilla and Namadgi. Units are divided into class groups, however students often work in cross-unit configurations. Teachers work in teams to provide a balanced, well structured educational program.
Assemblies are held in the hall on Fridays at 9.15am in Weeks 4, 6, 8 and 10 as advertised in the Bonython Bulletin. Each unit takes turns at hosting the assembly to showcase their learning. Parents are very welcome and invited to attend.
Fortnightly School Newsletter, "Bonython Bulletin"
The Bonython Bulletin is emailed to families on Wednesdays of even weeks in the term. The newsletter is also available in hard copy at the front Office. The Bulletin contains important dates and information and forms part of our communication with families. Families are asked to ensure the Front Office has their most up to date email address.
Term Dates and Public Holidays can be found at https://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/term_dates_and_public_holidays
2018 ACT Term Dates
- New students start school on Monday 5 February 2018. Continuing students return to school on Tuesday 6 February 2018.
- Term 1 concludes on Friday 13 April 2018.
- Teachers commence on the Friday prior to students – Friday 2 February 2018.
- Monday 30 April to Friday 6 July 2018
- Monday 23 July to Friday 28 September 2018
- Monday 15 October to Friday 21 December 2018