At Bonython Primary School our focus on teaching and learning is represented in the Lanyon Cluster Learning and Teaching Model. This model is used across all schools in the Lanyon Cluster – Charles Conder Primary School, Gordon Primary School and Lanyon High School. With this P-10 approach, students at Bonython Primary School are able to build on the teaching and learning students experienced in their primary school years and continue this at Lanyon High School.
The key elements of this model are:
- Our overarching framework of the Quality Teaching Model to define what is good teaching and learning.
- The Learning by Design framework as the planning tool to achieve good teaching and learning.
- The Teacher Professional Toolkit to support teachers to build a repertoire of effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Units of work are documented on the Learning by Design framework based on the Australian Curriculum.
The schools of the Lanyon Cluster collaborate to achieve a culture for the success of all through:
- continuous professional learning for teachers to ensure a quality learning environment and improve student outcomes;
- learning that engages, motivates and values students as individuals;
- educational programs of high intellectual quality designed to challenge and support students; and
- learning that is connected to real world issues which are significant in students' lives.